Friday 28 June 2013

The good old summer time..... UK style!


Wednesday was beautiful - a perfect summer's day.  I took the opportunity to walk through the fields and by the river.  The fields are ready for the hay harvest - full of buttercups and flowering grasses.  The river is in flower too.


In the evening we decided to walk by a local reservoir (The Alwen).  The sun was low in the sky and the shadows long.


The lovely sunset boded well for the following day.



British farmers know they must "make hay while the sun shines" and as we drove home there were tractors pulling hay wagons around almost every bend.

However, true to form we woke on Thursday to leaden skies and a steady downpour that lasted the whole day.  The garden is soggy and dripping but its good for the veg and the field crops.  I do hope all the cut hay was safely gathered in.

And the wet day gave me a chance to get my rather neglected stamps out.  I'm ashamed to say there are a number of sets that have hardly seen ink since their purchase.  I finished 12 covered notepads for my stall at the next fair and felt much better about them.

Today is a better day, though the sun has stayed stubbornly hidden behind the clouds.  We can but hope for a sunny weekend.



Edit:  For Simone, I made a little "how to make" for these pads here some time ago.  Don't know if the pads are still available though as when I revisited Tesco to buy some more they had been reduced to 10p each - so I bought the lot!!!! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Ann, you live in such a beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I am all for making hay while the sun shines!!! The notepads are lovely and I am sure they will do well on your stall. Are the notepads pre-made? I would like to do something similar for fundraising up at the vineyard. I hope the sun put in an appearance for you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails