Monday 21 April 2014

Hacking through the thicket!


I'm imagining myself as the prince in Sleeping Beauty while trying to cut back the brambles that are slowly taking over the bottom of the garden.  They have moved forward at least 6 feet in the last 2-3 years and I've just ignored their creeping intrusion as I love the blackberries in September.  But now the time has come to knock them back to the fence again.


And I am getting there very slowly and looking forward to a bonfire of all those horrible thorny stems.  But here are some more selective garden images from this sunny Eastertide.


And there are compensations for working until dusk - I get to see the sun setting!


3 comments:

  1. It's always a job put off but such a good feeling when tackled. I have just cleared back a flowering bush that was taking over one side of the garden. Have taken some pictures of the garden in bloom too. Happy Easter to you . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures Ann, as usual. You really are a very good photographer'
    Happy easter monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Ann, don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails